It is indeed a very special day as you celebrate your family member’s birthday. These days, capturing every little details of an occasion deem to be important and have been part of any gatherings. Selfies, group pictures, videos and the like are saved either in a mobile device, tablet or computer ready for uploading. As the human wants increases and so does the pictures on your computer. How can a computer memory hold all the pictures and videos capturing precious moments not to mention your office files and personal data all at once without letting you choose to delete a single program?
RAM (known as the Random Access Memory) acts a warehouse of a computer as it store all the software that you need and desire your computer to have. It is a device in the computer that permits the data to be read or written in approximately almost the same amount of time the data items are accessed regardless of the order you opened it.
The technology advances in just a wink of an eye, the reason more and more people are changing mobile phones every after months or so. With this in mind, a computer that has been sold for a couple of months or a year may be sluggish and may have difficulty keeping up with the demands of the latest software or programs launched. And this same scenario may require for an upgrade in memory too. This is therefore, the most effective way in terms of cost and process that you can make to speed up your computer.
How can you identify if it is really an upgrade in RAM that you need? You can conduct a test by turning on the Windows Task Manager. Press the “Ctr l+ Alt + Delete” and choose the Performance tab. Under the “Physical Memory” column check the item under “Available”, if it is close to zero and your PC is already slow in response, then the need to increase your RAM is a good move.
Below are the steps on how to increase computer RAM:
- Remove the PC from the plug and detach the case. Place or position it in a way that you will be able to reach into the case’s interior comfortably. For example, if there is a tower, laying the case on the side while connecting the RAM can be easier.
- Ground yourself properly by using a grounding strap in order to guard the computer’s sensitive circuits from the electricity that is static. You can touch at least the computer’s case or a metal pipe or faucet prior handling the inside of any component of the computer of the PC itself.
- Double check the computer’s record and credentials to classify the correct RAM socket that you need to fill. All barriers like the plastic panel or power cables that are used as a passage for the airflow on the motherboard needs to be removed.
- Take out the new RAM module avoiding the chips to be touched on the face.
- Slightly push the unit into the outlet until the latches or fasteners closed.
- Reassemble the computer, turn it on and check to identify if the system recognizes the newly installed RAM.